Thursday, April 28, 2011

Devendra and The Rainbow House


I love this film. Every time I watch it (which has been like a bajillion times over the past 4 months), it's as if I'm seeing it for the first time.You may be wondering, why does she love it so much? It's because it elicits a good feeling--I become emotionally engaged. As Dan Pink the author of A Whole New Mind posits,

"...we are living in an age animated by a different form of thinking and a new approach to life — one that prizes aptitudes that I call 'high concept' and 'high touch.' High concept involves the capacity to detect patterns and opportunities, to create artistic and emotional beauty, to craft a satisfying narrative....High touch involves the ability to empathize with others, to understand the subtleties of human interaction..."

And this is exactly what the folks at Oliver Peoples achieve with this film. Devendra and Rebecca are beyond perfect, beautiful and fun together. They evoke an emotional response. If you are looking for a great read, I highly recommend Dan Pink's, A Whole New Mind. I read it about two years ago and think you may find it interesting. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment